CEF OF CHESTER COUNTY is a faith ministry dedicated to the task of reaching children for Christ. We are affiliated with CHILD EVANGELISM FELLOWSHIP OF EASTERN PA, INC., an independent, nonprofit, interdenominational, children's ministry. Each chapter that is affiliated with the Eastern Pennsylvania State Headquarters in Harrisburg is independently incorporated and autonomous in its management.
In 1936, J. Irvin Overholtzer responded to God's call to win boys and girls to Christ, thus establishing the ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship. Mr. Overholtzer made the first contacts in Eastern Pennsylvania in 1937, and CEF was officially organized in Eastern Pennsylvania in 1938. Soon after, work began in Chester County, and Chester County Child Evangelism Fellowship was officially organized in 1950.
We are thankful for the years of ministry CEF OF CHESTER COUNTY has had to generations of boys and girls in our county through Good News Clubs, 5-Day Clubs, camps, and other ministries.
CEF OF CHESTER COUNTY employs a full-time director. Jack Landis has served as this director since 1997. His wife June is also a vital part of the ministry.
CEF is also dependent on the involvement of volunteers to accomplish our purpose and ministries. Well over one hundred volunteers help staff the school year and summer activities.
All paid staff and volunteers comply with CEF's Statement of Faith and Child Abuse Policies, as well as PA State requirements.
The office of CEF of Chester County is located at 187 Country Club Road in Coatesville, Pennsylvania.